August 5, 2007

Mt. Bierstadt

We climbed a fourteener (over 14,000 feet elevation)! Mt. Bierstadt is known as one of the "easier" fourteeners in Colorado but... it's still not easy!!! It took us a total of about 5 hours. When I say "we" I mean me and my dad. The boys all sped up ahead but me and the padre took a slower pace. My mom was stuck with their dog Elvis, he's an old pup but he still enjoyed himself. It was a lot harder than I expected but we had a great time and I am glad I finished it! In the picture above Mt. Bierstadt is the peak on the very right. This was when we were still in the valley about to start our climb.
Here is Caleb at the top.
At the top! When you get close to the tippity-top there isn't really a trail to follow. You have to make your own trail along huge rocks and boulders. My dad was not a big fan of this part.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Where is it? And only 5 hours round-trip??

Anonymous said...

What a striking young gal you are!! Gotta love a Jessica Johnson!!

-Austin

Jessica said...

Kristi- Mt. Beirstadt is close to Georgetown at Guanella Pass. It's fun hike!

Austin- You're goofy!

Anonymous said...

i was just talking to one of my friends in colo and they were talking about climbing a fourteener (or whatever)...being the kansas girl, that i am, i only pretended that i knew what he was talking about, although from your blog, i realized that my guess of what it meant was correct! yay for me!
i remember elvis from the family christmas card freshman year of college. which reminds me, do you still have poncho hanging around? can't wait to see you cause "i love a jessica johnson" too!!! t-19 days!
-M