July 14, 2008

High Five Uncle Sam

I'm posting this a wee bit late but I would still like to say- Happy 4th of July!!!

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday. All that is required to celebrate is a BBQ of some sort, friends and fireworks. We fulfilled all those requirements and more. Chris came to town to visit for the weekend and we headed to the Boulder Reservoir with our good buddies. An added bonus is that Rob works there so we got to sail on his sail boat and grill burgers on his handy grill. It was great fun when we sailed out to the dock and played in the water. You never get too old to enjoy that! I was so impressed with Lizzy because she didn't have her swim suit but jumped in the water in her sun dress. If any of you know Lizzy that is very out of character and I loved it! She was a bit chilly afterwards but it was a scorching hot day so she dried off quickly.Here are the few left hiding from the sun under the tent. Rob and James were out racing mini sailboats. See them below? I think James won. I see a brotherly battle brewing.
After the Boulder Reservoir festivities we went to Kristi & James place. They have an apartment with a great view of north, south, east & west. (Well, one of those directions is blocked but I don't know which.) We saw numerous firework displays. I love the noise of the crackling, the finale is definitely the best part. At the end of the evening we played Apples to Apples. Have any of you played that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Apples to Apples!

Melissa said...

We just played that, I love it!