Austin & I went to a nice dinner tonight then we thought it would be a grand idea to start a fire in the fireplace. It's all snowy out so it's a perfect night for a fire. There is one problem.... we have never used the fireplace. When Austin bought the house there was a dead raccoon (yum) in the chimney so they had to clean it to get it out. Apparently they didn't really clean very well because when we started our fire the house quickly filled up with smoke. The chimney was open, I know it wasn't closed, yet it didn't work. So we had to put it out with water, the fire alarms were making that annoying beeping noise, and it made a mess. I must admit it was quite funny. Better luck next time (after we get it cleaned!) For now I'm sitting on the couch freezing with all the windows open waiting for the smoke to clear.*Update: I have been given instructions to get it going. We shall try again!
No comments:
Post a Comment