Way back in the day my Grandma J made this neat calendar where you put up an ornament each day as you get closer to Christmas. When we were kids my brothers and I would have fights over who got to put up the new ornament. Well lookey here you two! I win! I got to put up the last one, the star that goes on the top!!! I love that calendar. It kind of makes me feel old though bec we used to have to stand on a chair each morning to put one up but look at me now, I don't need a chair, I'm a giant. She also makes wonderful Christmas stockings. I don't have a picture but it's o-so pretty, it puts other stockings to shame. It's hanging over my fireplace right this very moment.
December 27, 2007
X-mas Eve
Way back in the day my Grandma J made this neat calendar where you put up an ornament each day as you get closer to Christmas. When we were kids my brothers and I would have fights over who got to put up the new ornament. Well lookey here you two! I win! I got to put up the last one, the star that goes on the top!!! I love that calendar. It kind of makes me feel old though bec we used to have to stand on a chair each morning to put one up but look at me now, I don't need a chair, I'm a giant. She also makes wonderful Christmas stockings. I don't have a picture but it's o-so pretty, it puts other stockings to shame. It's hanging over my fireplace right this very moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Damn, I love putting the last one on. Next year, it will be me.
Grandma J made me the same advent calendar for me back in 1983. It's up on the wall. I put the star on last this year as well.
I also have the matching "scary" Santa pillow. When your Dad and I were kids, there was a Santa pillow on either side of the fireplace.
Uncle Warren
Post a Comment